Pregnancy....why massage can help!
Congratulations! You have begun one of the most amazing journeys of your life. Now it’s a time to nurture and appreciate your body whilst it miraculously creates a tiny human being. Pregnancy is the beginning of the wonderful and challenging world of motherhood. Your body will go through significant changes during these nine months and some of them will be incredibly challenging. Prenatal massage helps to recognise and help with these changes in order for you to truly relax and help you to enjoy your pregnancy.
At Mamas Retreat our prenatal massage is tailored to the specific needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies, it is designed to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility and just make you feel good. We have undergone extensive training in prenatal massage techniques and can tailor these to your individual needs and requirements. Carrying a baby changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Pregnancy also relaxes your ligaments, so that you’re pelvic joints are less stable, this changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward. Add to this the extra weight you're carrying and you may find you've got an aching lower back.
- Pregnancy Massage has been proven to reduce stress hormones.
- It leads to a reduction in anxiety.
- There is often an improvement in general mood following a massage.
- It rejuvenates energy in the body because it gives time to rest and completely relax.
- For some pregnant women, massage can relieve nausea and heartburn.
- Relieves aching neck, sore back, and heaviness in the pelvic bones, leg cramps, swelling of the ankles and feet and oedema (fluid retention).
- Leads to muscle relaxation and relief of joint pain especially those who experience sciatic nerve pain.
- Builds a feeling of connectedness with your baby as well as your partner.
- More relaxed mothers tend to have a lower risk of interventions during labour and birth.
- Pregnancy massage can provide an opportunity for women to completely stop what they are doing and focus on the pleasure of having someone else do something just for them.
- Improved sleep due to feeling less muscle tension and generally less uncomfortable.
Make an appointment today. We cant wait to meet you & bub!