Labour Preparation Massage
This massage is typically undertaken from 37 weeks or if you have gone beyond your due date.
Labour is the final stage of birth and just like any big event you need to prepare for it.
I use a combination of relaxation techniques, acupressure, yoga, exercises, optimal maternal positioning, essential oils and strong massage techniques to encourage you to connect in with your baby so you both may have the positive birth experience you desire.
This massage will not force the body to go into labour, but instead work to get your body and mind as well as baby ready. The massage will help the cervix to ripen but labour will not begin until mom and baby are truly ready.
The goals of this massage include:
· Relaxing the mother-to-be
· Releasing stored emotional blocks to help with readiness for labour
· Preparing the birthing muscles
· Assisting the body in activating contractions and labour
· Helping with cervical dilation through the use of acupressure points
· Stimulating specific acupressure points thought to help move the baby down the birth canal
· Helping with oxytocin production to facilitate labor
· Providing a nurturing and safe space for the mother to be and process any fears or anxiety about labour