Pregnancy can be an exciting and challenging time for women due to the many physical and emotional changes happening in your body. Massage can help you and your baby keep optimum health during these nine months.
I recommend (and I am qualified to perform) massage from the first trimester onwards as often this is the trimester when your feel the worst emotionally and physically. Often those that recommend massage after the first trimester have only completed a weekend course in pregnancy massage.
Mamas Retreat provides a beautiful warm, nurturing environment where you can relax and let go. I use strong, yet relaxing techniques to improve alignment, muscle condition and help you to connect with your baby. I can work with you to relieve some of the unpleasant ailments that arise through each trimester including fatigue, sore & swollen legs, sciatica, headaches, neck and shoulder pain or simply help you to relax and hold space with your baby. I can also demonstrate exercises and yoga poses to support the physical changes of pregnancy.
Pregnancy massage is no longer seen as a luxury but a necessity. A woman’s body undergoes so many changes some of these can be very stressful and uncomfortable both physically and emotionally. Receiving pregnancy massage gives you the time and space to deeply relax and connect in with yourself and your growing baby.
I use therapeutic grade pregnancy safe essential oils to help you through each trimester. Each stage of pregnancy is dynamic and my massage techniques are designed to be adapted to each stage of this change.
A relaxed Mama to be will have a happier, healthier pregnancy and can this can lead to an easier childbirth experience. Pregnancy massage can provide an opportunity for you to completely stop what you are doing and focus on the pleasure of having someone else do something just for you.
• Pregnancy Massage has been proven to reduce stress & anxiety and manage hormones
• There is often an improvement in general mood as massage calms the parasympathetic nervous system
• It rejuvenates energy in the body because it gives time to rest and completely relax
• For some pregnant women, massage can relieve nausea and heartburn
• Relieves aching neck, sore back, and heaviness in the pelvic bones, leg cramps, swelling of the ankles and feet and oedema (fluid retention)
• Builds a feeling of connectedness with your baby
• More relaxed mothers tend to have a lower risk of interventions during labour and birth
• Improved sleep due to feeling less muscle tension and generally feeling less uncomfortable
Pregnancy massage helps to calm the many aches and pains associated with pregnancy, including sciatica, swelling, back pain and headaches.
Note; This includes a 10 minute consultation to ensure your receive a tailored experience. A relaxing foot soak is provided during your consultation.